Saturday, February 10, 2007

Enjoy Badger's Sucess While it Lasts

I have to admit I have been guilty of not fully appreciating the Wisconsin Badgers success in men's basketball this season. Although I have certainly enjoyed the great wins over Pittsburgh and Marquette, I have been unimpressed with the average margin of victories over teams like Purdue, Northwestern, and Iowa. But what I have to remember is 2 of thses 3 games were on the road in usually hard places for the Badgers to win. In previous years we would come out losing these games. But this year we have found a way to win tough games on the road, and done just enough to win games at home. As they say a win is a win. I can never remember such a sucessful season thus far in my 20 years of being a rabid Badger fan. We are 23 -2 with a veteran team who has just a good a chance as anyone in the country to make the Final Four. Barring a major catastrophe we also should be a #1 seed in the upcoming NCAA tourney playing games close to Madtown. Also in big games the Badgers always seem to be ready. In games versus Pitt and Marquette this season we pretty much dismantled them. They are two of the better teams in the country at this point. Anyways I guess the point of this article is to just say "Enjoy the 2006-2007 Badgers team as much as you can!" Next year we will be a young team with many young players having to play a major role. Also we will lose our 2 major go to scorers in Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor. Not saying we will be a bad team , just that seasons like this come few and far between. I guess from now on I will not take for granted small margin victories or Big Ten road wins. So lets just enjoy this wonderful season and hope we all will be partying in Atlanta come late March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home