Thursday, March 09, 2006

NCAA Tournament Predictions

As the NCAA Tournament approches, my excitement level rises to new heights. I have watched nearly every game that ESPN, CBS, and ABC had to offer this college basketball season. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the game and can hold a conversation with anyone. But when the brackets come out on Monday, I guarentee I will be no where near the winner's board. Do you ever notice that it's always the guy who never watched a game who wins the bracket. Or a female in your office who picks her teams strickly by the team's mascot? "Well, I like an Eagle better than a bear, I guess I will pick Boston College." Even though I know I won't win, here are my preditions for the NCAA Tournament:

Sleeper: Alabama or Arkansas. Both are highly athletic teams with awkward styles and personnel. Will give other teams match-up nightmares. Look for them to make the Sweet Sixteen.

Cinderella: San Diego St. or Bradley. Both are quality teams in good conferences. And both have not been highly scouted and could surprise some people in how good they actually are.

Final Four: Conneticut-The loss to Syracuse will wake them up and they will finally play up to their outstanding abilities. Texas- The Longhorns are playing their best when it counts and it will carry them far into the Tourney. West Virginia- Their unorthadox style will be unseen by NCAA opponents until they reach the Final 4. Also their region is filled with young, talented teams, without a lot of tourney experience, (see: Memphis, Kansas, North Carolina) and West Virginia has 5 seniors. Villanova - Villanova's region maybe one of the weakest with Illinois probably a 2 seed, Tennessee a team with no tourney experience, and Boston College the next best team, whom the Wildcats have already beat this season.

Champion: Connecticut- If U Conn plays up to its abilities no one will beat the Huskies. The loss to Syracuse was just what the doctor ordered, telling UConn they can't play 20 minutes of good basketball and expect to win. Jim Calhoun will pull them together and they will play outstanding. Look for the Huskies to be cutting down the net in early April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home